105 Juliet Street,
South Mackay, 4740.
(Next to the Basketball Stadium)

Ph: 4953 2501   Sec.Phone: 4957 3200


Courts: 4 full size 
Colours: Gold and Black

Area: Central Queensland
 
President Paul Lanigan.  Email:  pplanigan@hotmail.com.  Phone 0422 899 145
Vice President:   Dawn Keosike.  Email: dkeioskie@gmail.com      
Secretary: Clare Burke. Email:  clare@mtsnq.com 

Treasurer: Beth McKenzie. Email:  v.b.mckenzie@bigpond.com  

Club email: mackay@croquetqld.org 

Playing Days
Wednesday  2.00pm – 5.00 pm  Association (Handicap)
Saturday        2.00pm – 5.00pm  Association (Championship)

Visiting Registered players

Our Club welcomes visitors. Please register for play 15 minutes prior to start time.  Green fees are $5.00 per session.

New Players

 If  you are interested in learning to play croquet the club offers lessons for $25.00 and then if you join the club this comes off the annual fee.If interested contact the club or just come along.  Equipment is included and there is no special clothing requirement.  Sport shoes and a hat should be worn.. 

Groups looking for a day of fun

The Club welcomes companies for corporate days and groups for social events.  The hire includes use of greens, equipment etc. Club members will be available to give tips on playing the games.  For inquiries and booking contact the Club Secretary.

Our History

 It was in 1908 that the Mackay Croquet Club was formed. Miss Black is credited with being the first person to start the club in Mackay.The Croquet Club and the Mackay Bowling Club were sited in Wood Street next to the former Theatre Royal.  The bowls club in Wood St and the Croquet club behind facing Gregory St. In the 1950’s the Bowls Club was planning to move to a new site in George Street and the Croquet Club was not included in their plans.

In June 1958 a special meeting was called and it was agreed to apply to the Mackay City Council for land in Juliet Street.  After lengthy negotiations between the Lands Department and the City Council, the Club was offered a block in Juliet Street with a lease of 20 years. In December 1958, the trustees recommended the croquet club accept the lease.  

This is now the official grounds of Mackay Croquet, achieved with great foresight, courage, determination and hard work from members, former members, relatives and supporters and kept  going by the present ones for more than a century.