Home Clubs Brisbane North Merthyr Croquet Club

Merthyr Croquet Club



Street Address

Dixon Street, New Farm


Postal Address

PO Box 220, New Farm Qld 4005

Contact this club...

Telephone

0416 624 410

Club Facebook

Visit Facebook page


President: Geoff McCahon

Treasurer: Trish Ferguson

Secretary: Goeff McCahon


Play Days

n/a


Club History

Founded: 1907

The oldest club in Croquet Queensland’s Brisbane North Region, Merthyr Croquet Club was founded as part of the New Farm Bowling Club on ground purchased for £400/-/-, from Mr J.M. Callum (owner of the Cremorne Theatre).

It is assumed that the Croquet Club remained there until it gained a lease of the current site from the Brisbane City Council in 1932 and built its club house and four lawns, adopting the name of a large house that occupied a prominent place in New Farm between Sydney Street and Oxlade Drive.

History of the Merthyr Croquet Club

© 2018 Croquet Association of Queensland