39 Recreation St, Tweed Heads
39 Recreation St, Tweed Heads Qld 2485
There are no upcoming events.
(07) 5598 0990
President: Stephen Burgoine
Treasurer: Bryan Shaw
Secretary: Lesley Hutley
Associtation & Golf & Ricochet:
Credit for the introduction of croquet to the Tweed, the area close to the border of Queensland, is given to the Morley family who, back in 1927, built a private lawn in their back yard at Carn Brae on the side of Razorback. When they sold their land, play was moved to the back yard of the Turners in Boyd Street, until land was made available by the Tweed Shire in Recreation Street, where the Club is now located.
The croquet Club wasestablished in 1949. The Committee wrote to the Tweed Heads Urban Committee, requesting land for two courts, a shed, fences, and for water to be connected; their request was granted.