Broadbeach Croquet Club is located off Chelsea Avenue adjacent to the Broadbeach Soccer Club & Broadbeach Bowls Club.
TRANSLINK Bus Service stops in Armrick Avenue adjacent to the Broadbeach Croquet Club. The route runs from Broadbeach Beach South Station to Sea World, Main Beach and vice versa regularly 10 – 15 minute intervals. Or our G Link stop is Florida Gardens with a 5 minute walk to the club.
- When visiting the Gold Coast why not make playing croquet at Broadbeach Croquet Club one of your activities of choice.
- Come and enjoy beautiful sea breezes and listen to the surf breaking on the beach about 50 metres away.
- Where are we – tucked in beside the Broadbeach Soccer Club, Broadbeach Kindergarten, RQAS Art Gallery, Broadbeach Lifesaving Club and Broadbeach Bulls Bowls Club
- Parking is available adjacent to the BCC club.
- Facilities include one full size Croquet court and lighting for evening play.
- Visitors and players from other clubs are always welcome.
- Have a go – Are you looking for a casual afternoon and want to have a go at croquet then please come along or enquire via email or make a phone call for a booking (see below).
*ASSOCIATION CROQUET: Vice Captain: Maria Barrett
Playing Days: Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
Playing Times: 8:30am to 11am
*GATEBALL: Vice Captain: Margaret Barnard
Playing Days: Wednesday and Friday
Playing Times: October to March: 8.30am – 11.00am
April to Sept: 9.00am – 11.30am
*GOLF CROQUET: Vice-Captain: Annette Gatland
Playing Day: Monday
Playing Times: October to March: 8.30am – 12pm
April to Sept: 9.00am – 12pm
Playing Day: Wednesday
Playing Time: Any Season: 3pm to early evening
Playing Day: Saturday
Playing Time: Any season: 1.30pm – 5pm
President: Mary McMahon. 0417 715 588
Secretary: Edrae Damrow. (07) 5538 6570
Treasurer: Merle Neate. 0404 950 616
Club Captain: Margaret Barnard
Club established: 30 Nov 1949
Club Region: Gold Coast – Tweed
Club Colours: Maroon and Gold on white
Club Floral Emblem: Allamanda
Club Patron: Cr. Paul Taylor.
Championship results for 2017 ~
- President’s Plate – is awarded to the winner of a round-robin Association Croquet handicap singles competition.
2017 Association Croquet Singles: Winner – Grahame Litchfield
Runner-up Barrie Barnard
- Len King Shield – is for the annual Association Croquet handicap doubles competition.
2017 Association Croquet Doubles: Barrie Barnard and Margaret Barnard
- Golf Croquet Championship – The Golf Croquet handicap competition is an annual event open to all members. There is a singles component and this year our Patron Paul Taylor donated on behalf of the City of Gold Coast Council’s Organising Committee for a doubles competition.
Golf Croquet Club Singles Champion for 2017: Winner – Sylvia Duffy and Runner-up Val Knigge
Golf Croquet City of Gold Coast Council Doubles for 2017:
Winners – Bob Neate and Leigh Bosward
- Maria Barrett Shield – The shield is an annual award for a round robin Gateball Doubles competition.
The winning Doubles Players for 2017 – Wendy Clark and Ray Noetzel